update from gaungzhou, china

This update is brought to you by a random unsecured one bar internet source, whose speed is equivalent to that of dial-up connection. and Securitales, a service I so desperately paid for to unblock websites that China bans people from viewing (blogger, youtube, flickr, facebook, tumblr, twitter, etc. ---- ONLY THE BEST SITES ON THE INTERNET)

I've been to China like once or twice before but I honestly don't really remember anything from those times. It's been an interesting trip... different way of life. I just wanted to mention a couple of random things about here. All the lights turn off at exactly midnight, very strange. Crossing the street is pretty scary. Don't pay attention to walk signals, nobody really cares about pedestrians soo look with your own eyes for cars. People at clothing markets don't really give a shit about customer service. They're all like robots. Sometimes they'll get mad at you for being too cheap (sooo funny)... speaking of which, the cost of living is super affordable here. food and transportation is ridiculously cheap. clothing prices aren't bad. bargaining is CRUCIAL (only at booths and markets and stuff though). I'm not sure how much people generally make here - but let's say if I took my miniscule salary from my boba shop job in San Diego - I can probably live a comfortable life here.

I checked my health - not bad. I thought I had health problems, but I guess nothing was detected. I'll update more next time with more details and photos or something...maybe when I'm on Guam with fast internet:). until then........ toodloooo.


shannyn sossamon, unknown source

Comments

4 Responses to “update from gaungzhou, china”

Anonymous said...
December 11, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Regarding http://www.securitales.com you mentioned, is it good also for Facebook and Youtube?
Are you happy with it?

Sindy said...
December 11, 2010 at 2:48 AM

it's good for facebook and youtube. pretty much any site. it does it's job by unblocking these websites. but due to my terrible internet connection, i can't fully experience it, so i'm not really sure. hope that helps :)

December 13, 2010 at 6:48 AM

fun times! can't wait to see pics :)

lynnette said...
December 17, 2010 at 7:49 AM

OH MAN CHINA BLOCKS ALL THAT?!?! O_o

LOL I thought I was the only one who went toodleeelooooooo!

Post a Comment

herro there!